Friday, September 04, 2009

A day not as planned

September 04, 2009
(Day 4 of 365 days-Getting closer to God)

I woke up with a major headache, and all I could think of was that I should drink a big glass of water.  My son, Steve, a military man says that drinking water is the Army's solution for all manner of aches and pains.  I drank the water, and it helped tremendously...but it was like I was moving in this atmosphere of snow in an avalanche...I was being caught up with "things to do".  

Well, first I will be honest...I didn't crack my Bible, or the daily devotional all day long.  It was like I woke up with this huge agenda on mind, and that agenda kept me out of rest and on the go ALL DAY LONG!!!  Ugh! Ugh!! Ugh!!!  Although the Lord helped me get through some of my rough spots (getting the 20 Countdown CD uploaded at the radio station, and putting my outfit together for a friend's wedding)...yes, how are those rough spots?

Secondly, let me say that I am not saying my day was a waste...it was just not flowing like it should have.  I thought about the Lord, but I didn't start out my day with Him as planned.  I did get on the scale and it showed that I had lost 2 1/2 lbs....(yeehaw), but I didn't drink as much water as I had planned, and I didn't eat like I should at the wedding reception or IIHOP later on tonight.  I had my hair colored, trimmed and styled and my hair looks good.  It would be great if I could just have Sheila do this every day...not gonna happen.  I will say my hair looks so much better when she gets hold of it.  Was that a ramble or what?

So, I will NOT throw in the towel and act like there's no hope.  I repent, Lord, for this heck of a day...and I commit to getting back on track ASAP.  This blog is helping me, whether anyone reads it but me.  Lord, I ask that You help me clear my plate of stuff to do...I will listen for Your guidance...I'm sorry for not doing so today!
Love in Christ,
DeAnn       

Labels: , ,