Thursday, September 03, 2009

Prasing God all the time- Day 3 of 365

September 3, 2009
(Day 3 of 365 days-Getting Closer to God)

The title for today's devotional, Take a Praise Pause, is based on the scripture from Psalm 119:164.  This verse says we can praise God 7 times a day...and by the time we have God's Holy Spirit on the scene, and operating in the lives of all Christian believers, we can praise God all the time!

We are not limited by rules of when to praise the Lord, other than by ourselves and other people's expectations about the whole concept of praising God.  Being filled with the Holy Spirit, well there's nothing like it, and when we do live a life of praise, our focus stops being on ourselves and our problems.  Our focus is on God, and that is great! 

Get yourself a praise and worship CD, or download some praise tunes on your IPod so you can play them whenever, and wherever you go.  Hey, sing your own song to the Lord, lift those hands, and lift your eyes unto the heavens. 

So, note to myself...praise to the Lord is my reponsibility as a believer, not the Praise and Worship leader at church.  Besides, they can't be with me all the time.  I commit to taking frequent praise pauses in my daily life.  I am doing that because it's my heart's desire to grow closer to the Lord through this whole cathartic writing journey.  

All of my praises to You, Lord, for everything You are!  This life is not about me, or my family and friends.  It is all about You!
Love in Christ,
DeAnn   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home