Wednesday, September 02, 2009

The Still, Small Voice-Day 2 of 365 Days


September 2, 2009
(Day 2 of 365 days. . .Listen to the still, small voice of God)

I really liked today's daily devotional entitled, Listen to the Promptings of the Spirit, probably because it hits very close to home where I live.  I can hear the Lord speak to me through His Holy Spirit, but I am keenly aware that I don't often hear Him enough, which also means I am not doing many of the things He wants me to do.  I say this because if I am not hearing the Lord, how could I possibly be doing what He is telling me to do???   

This second day brought a fatigue that sleeping an extra 15 minutes was not going to solve.  This fatigue was brought on a variety of things, all of which were robbing me of consistent sleep-filled nights.  I guess I could ramble/complain/mention with way too much verbage about those "things", but they are really not important...the only thing that mattered was that I woke up just too worn out from too much busyness.  And when I finally sat down to spend some much-needed time with the Lord, it really hit me that all of this fatigue and busyness in my life was really hindering me from hearing the Lord's still, small voice.  Alas, another "Ugh!" I need wisdom, and direction...not so much stuff in my life that all of life is a bunch of timers going off (I use my little kitchen timer a lot!) to alert me to the next task or event. 

Sometimes my life feels like a real-life version of The Peanuts Comic Strip.  I can see myself in this room with all of the characters:  Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, and even Snoopy, and all of these adults who you can't see and their voices sound like, "Wah, wah, wah!"  Me and the whole Peanuts gang are confused...we don't understand anything said because of so much unintelligible talking.  So, how I can hear God's still, small voice if my life is full of "wah, wah, wah"???

I am ready for a change...a change that brings me to a closer relationship with the Lord.  I WANT/THIRST God's still, small voice speaking to me. and me doing what He wants me to do moment by moment.  I am tired of looking tired, feeling tired, and allowing myself to get in this crazy, spin cycle of a life that just doesn't measure up the potential the Lord has planned for me.  So, here at the end of this second day of this journey, I purposely choose to spend some quiet time every day so I can hear God's still, small voice, and I challenge you to do the same.  Listen to Him, and do what He says today, and everyday...this is my new motto.
Love in Christ,
DeAnn    

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home