Monday, April 13, 2009

Sleepness Nights

April 13, 2009


Lately I have not been sleeping very well...lots of reasons...mainly because I get so wound up at a certain point at night and the next thing I know, I'm pulling another "late nighter". . .again! One thing that my sleepless nights reminds me of is my beloved Wilson. How can a family pet become the epitome of all that is good and perfect in this life, and yet still be so aggravating beyond belief? Who knows, and yet that is the description of Wilson...good, perfect and so aggravating!

Who couldn't love those floppy ears and those eyes that never seem to have any expression but speak volumes like..."Why do my owners walk on two legs? They look so ridiculous...four is so much easier!" Or "Of course, I do not want to sleep on that pitiful blanket! My gosh, my legs have no decent place to stretch!" I am not sure why Wilson thoughts such things...we always made his having a comfortable bed a major priority.

My sons had some friends that would come over and hang out after basketball practice. Wilson was always there, snoozing away in his enormous bagel bed. He never moved, but just snored away while the guys were playing video games. One day, Wilson rolled over in his bed. "Whoa...Wilson moved! I've never seen him move!", yelled a friend. Of course, our family knew Wilson moved...when he had to go outside for a potty break, it was time to eat, to roll over from one side to another, or it was time to move from his napping spot in the TV Room to his bedroom (my daughter's room).

Actually, this entire blog entry was supposed to be about how Wilson reminded me of sleepless nights. Well, Wilson was a napping dog...which meant he slept all the time, and that meant he had his days and nights mixed up. Maybe they weren't mixed up, just sort of running into each other. Anyway, he was waking me up all through the night so he could go outside, stretch his legs and perhaps find some little twig whereby to hike his leg. This happened many times a night.

First, I could hear him him shake his head which meant a loud clanging of his dog tags. Second, the next sound was Wilson scratching on my bedroom door. It is so amazing how no one in my family EVER heard Wilson...not my daughter who had Wilson sleeping just a mere 2 feet from her bed, or my husband who never heard Wilson's scratching or anything!!! Then I would sit in the TV room and wait until he would scratch on the patio door to come back in. We rarely let him stay out all night because Wilson had been kidnapped, or is it dognapped? Anyway, that is another blog entry on another day.

So, this is just a shortened version of how this "low-to-the-ground" hound kept this "Not so Random" blogger operating on little to no sleep.
















































Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home