Monday, May 29, 2006

Seems like yesterday

My oldest son will be married in about two weeks. I remember the day he was born...a time that was thought to be much too early, but after testing it was discovered he was three weeks early rather than the feared six weeks-plus. I entered that time of labor with only 2 lamaze classes under my belt...which meant I knew "just enough" to get through the 36 hours of labor before he was born into this world. I was so exhausted that it "seemed painless", yet I was to find out with my youngest son and daughter born several years later that labor is anything but painless. I remember him being all legs with such huge feet, and the most handsome little baby boy I'd ever seen. No, I have not and have never had an epidural!
Now, that little baby boy is a grown man, still with huge feet and all legs, standing side by side with my youngest son, sharing the title of the most handsome of all sons. I'm also certain that his soon-to-be young bride agrees about him as well. One minute your little ones are reaching up to be held in your arms...the next minute they are about to begin a new chapter in their lives and ready to begin their own families.
Words of wisdom: don't take any of those minutes for granted, because they are all special times that must be cherished.
All of the Lord's best to my son and my future daughter-in-law...you both deserve all of it!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home