Monday, December 05, 2005

Who Am I?

Good golly Miss Molly! I never thought I would say this, but I do believe I'm hitting my "midlife crisis"! Getting older has never been a problem...and that's not really what the crisis is about. It's really about the place I am in my life right now. All the children are grown, with only one left in high school, and she's a senior. It's not about the "empty nest" syndrome, either. I have dreams and desires, and I've repeatedly put them on the back burner so I could be there for the kids, and to be supportive to my husband. Frankly, I would not change being on the back burner because I believe I was where I have needed to be for each of them. I didn't always know, neither do I always KNOW right now, excactly what to do in regard to each of the kids. I just know they are growing up, and I'm beginning a new chapter of my life!

I do know my husband is at the place where God wants him to be...pastoring a great church. I know I'm the pastor's wife...that's okay with me...but God has plans for me, too. Right now, and very honestly speaking, I'm having trouble really hearing what God wants me to do. Go figure!

I AM about to take an online writing course...I am excited about that! I've been out of college for a while now...I enjoy learning new things. Maybe this will be a starting point for me...I know I'm ready for some changes.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home